Great Central Railwayana Limited
Sheffield Railwayana Auction at Derby
   

Auction Catalogue: Sheffield Railwayana, 8 June 2013

Sheffield Railwayana Auction Sale 157, Auction Lot 39
Lot 39 A locomotive nameplate, THE GREEN HOWARDS, from the LMS Royal Scot Class 4-6-0 No 6133, BR 46133, built by the North British Locomotive Co, Works No 23628, in 1927. Originally named Vulcan by April 1928 after the loco built for the Liverpool & Manchester Railway in 1831, it was renamed in May 1936 after the renowned North Yorkshire based regiment. Allocated new to Polmadie in September 1927, its later sheds included Crewe North, Carlisle Upperby, Holbeck, Kentish Town and Newton Heath from where it was withdrawn on 21 February 1963 and cut up at Crewe Works by 24 May 1963. 51½" long, complete with a replacement brass badge cast from the only known surviving original badge.